Structured into three main topic areas, the course includes:
Introduction to the P&L account:
• The basic principles
• Explanations of financial terminology
• Business tactics to manage revenue and costs
• How to trade & make a profit
• Calculation and interpretation of KPI’s
• Brief overview of the difference between capital expenditure (CAPEX) and operational spend
Introduction to the Balance Sheet:
• Assets, liabilities and equity
• Managing working capital
Introduction to Cashflow:
• Planning for cash requirements
• Controlling cash & other assets
• Working capital forecasting
• Sources of funds to manage liquidity
• Simple KPI’s to measure performance and benchmarking
On completion delegates will have the opportunity to complete an online assessment to earn a Certificate of Achievement.
They will also be able to:
• Think, talk and act more commercially aware within the workplace
• Understand and interpret financial reports
• Calculate and analyse key financial figures
• Develop action plans based on financial performance and deliver ROI to the business
Employers will benefit from improved employee retention levels, better succession planning, saving on recruitment costs and a more motivated and knowledgeable workforce.
'Finance for Non-Financial Managers in Hospitality’ is a highly interactive course that is delivered through four 90 minute online presentations and workshops, case studies and discussions held over two half days online.
Day 1 - 9.00 - 10.30 and 11.00 - 12.30 followed by an online quiz
Day 2 - 9.00 - 10.30 and 11.00 - 12.30 followed by an online quiz
Delegates are also encouraged to discuss their own reports privately with their tutor.
Bespoke company courses: Contact us to discuss your requirements.
“On behalf of CMAE England, may I thank you so much for a very successful finance seminar. The seminar was a triumph and we have received some of the best feedback from our members. These include: ‘Fantastic course for a day session’ ‘Excellent course, very informative’ ‘Training given with enthusiasm and presented in a very professional way’ ” Alastair Curbbun CMAE England Education