This course focuses on the practice of budgeting and forecasting income and expenditure statements, what they are, how they are formulated and how they are used within a business.
Divided into the following key topic areas, the course includes:
- The purpose of budgeting and forecasting
- Environmental scanning
- Analysing historical data
- Assessing the competition
- The purpose of different operational budgets – profit and loss and cashflow
- Producing simple operational budgets for profit and cash
- Updating the forecast
- Comparing budgeted performance with actual using variance analysis
- Rolling forecasts and beyond
Budgeting & Forecasting Course Flyer
On completion of the course, delegates will be able to:
- Understand what constitutes a budget and why budgets are useful
- Prepare a budgeted operating budget, cash flow and balance sheet
- Understand how to analyse variances in terms of price & volume
- Use budgets and forecasts to drive business strategy
- Develop rolling forecasts and use forecasting tools
All delegates will be provided with course notes and will be issued with a certificate of attendance upon completion of the day.
‘Budgeting and Forecasting’ has been developed by Debra Adams, author of the highly acclaimed textbook 'Strategic Management Accounting for the Hospitality Industry', and is delivered over the course of one day by an experienced facilitator from arena4finance. The day is complete with course notes and refreshments. Taking a practical approach, the course is highly interactive and consists of a series of worked examples, case studies and discussions and is supported by 14-days access to our arena4finance self study centre for additional notes and resources.
The course is available for delivery in your business - call us to discuss your needs on 00 44 (0) 1202 849691
arena4finance is proud to be the provider of professional development programmes in Financial Management and Revenue Management for HOSPA (formerly BAHA, the British Association of Hospitality Accountants).
We regularly provide training support for recognised industry bodies including the Institute of Hospitality, the MasterI